This is so good! I don't even particularly like broccoli and I thought this was awesome. The lemon and basil give it such a fresh taste. I made the mistake of only making half the recipe - everyone wanted more! I now understand why this has become a favorite in the food blogging community.
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics
4 to 5 pounds broccoli, trimmed and seperated into florets
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp lemon zest
2 T lemon juice
3 T toasted pine nuts
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
2 T basil, julienned
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss broccoli with garlic, 5 T olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and some of the tips have browned.
- Remove from oven and add 1 1/2 T olive oil and remaining ingredients; mix and serve hot.