This is a great recipe if you are looking for something different than your average chocolate chip cookie. The cream cheese gives it a bit of tang and an almost cakey texture. The real star is the dough though. You will want to lick the spoon. I know you aren't supposed to eat raw cookie dough, but this is worth it. It's like cream cheese frosting and cookie dough combined - totally amazing.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies
Adapted from Bake or Break
makes about 4 dozen
2 & 1/2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar together with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in batches, then chocolate chips. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Place tablespoon size balls of dough on pans and bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges begin to brown. *** These will not brown up like normal cookies. Even though they are light they will be cooked through.
- Cool on wire racks.